Child Care FAQs | Gresham, OR

How do I enroll my child?

First, call your preferred child care center to find out if an opening is available. Next, we will help you schedule a tour. To enroll, please fill out the enrollment packet, and have the $65 registration fee ready.

What do I do if my child is sick?

If your child is sick, they should stay home. Children with a fever of 100.4 or higher need to go home until they are fever free for 24 hours unmedicated. Children with a communicable disease should seek medical attention and follow a physician’s guidance. 

What happens if my child becomes sick while at the center?

If your child becomes ill while in our care, the child will rest in a quiet area of the room until the parent can be contacted to pick up the child or make other arrangements. If the parent cannot be reached, the staff will call persons listed on the emergency pickup. Please be sure this person knows they may have this responsibility with us. We anticipate that if your child is ill, you will want to come and pick them up immediately.

Can you administer medications?
We can only administer medications that are in the original bottle and we can only administer according to what’s printed on the label.  A Medication Consent Form must be completed and signed by the parent/guardian in order for our staff to administer medication. 

  • A prescription medication must be in the original container and labeled with the child’s name, name of the drug, dosage, directions for administering, date, and physician’s name.
  • A non-prescription medication must be in the original container labeled with the child’s name, dosage, and directions for administering.

A log is kept with the medication that states when your child received it and available for your review.

What is the cancellation policy?

A two-week notice is required to discontinue service.  

How much does child care cost?

We are a full-time care only facility with a monthly tuition based on the age of the child. Please see the rate sheet for current tuition rates.

What activities are available?

Different activities are available throughout the year. Sign-up sheets and schedules are posted at the center.

Are you USDA certified?

Yes, we follow USDA Food Program recommendations for nutrition and serving sizes based on the ages of the children served. Menus are available at the beginning of each month. We serve breakfast until 8:30 a.m., a mid-morning snack, a hot lunch, and a mid-afternoon snack each day. All meals for infants, toddlers, preschoolers, and school-aged children are prepared from scratch in our kitchen and served fresh daily.

What is the policy on personal belongings?

Preschool and School-Aged Clothing: Children must dress appropriately for indoor and outdoor play every day. Each child will need to bring a bag or backpack with clothing and shoes appropriate for participating in active play, even get a little dirty. We want them to have fun and explore during their outdoor time.

Infants/Toddlers in Potty Training: Please bring enough pull-ups and training pants for the day (i.e., 5-6 changes). For both infants and toddlers, you will need to provide a change of clothing and new socks.

Children’s Cubbies/Baskets: Each child will have their own cubby or basket to store belongings. Please check this cubby each day for completed work, notes from your child’s teacher or staff, and announcements.

Naptime Bag: Your child will need a grocery food cloth bag or backpack to keep an extra change of clothes, nap blanket, pillow, and a stuffed animal if they wish to use one for naptime. These should be taken home on Fridays so things can be checked and/or washed.

Personal Belongings: These may include eyeglasses, jewelry, money, games, etc. We will not be responsible for the loss or damage to personal items brought from home. Bring these items at your own risk. This also includes items taken along on field trips.

USDA Nondiscrimination Statement

In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.

Program information may be made available in languages other than English. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication to obtain program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language), should contact the responsible state or local agency that administers the program or USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.

To file a program discrimination complaint, a Complainant should complete a Form AD-3027, USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form which can be obtained online at:, from any USDA office, by calling (866) 632-9992, or by writing a letter addressed to USDA. The letter must contain the complainant’s name, address, telephone number, and a written description of the alleged discriminatory action in sufficient detail to inform the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (ASCR) about the nature and date of an alleged civil rights violation. The completed AD-3027 form or letter must be submitted to USDA by:

  • Mail:
    U.S. Department of Agriculture
    Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
    1400 Independence Avenue, SW
    Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; or
  • Fax:
    (833) 256-1665 or (202) 690-7442; or
  • Email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.